Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week...

We are right in the midst of First Communion celebrations around here. So, I'll probably post something on the Eucharist this week. But I also wanted to take this opportunity to extend my congratulations and prayers to all those who are receiving Holy Communion for the first time. It is a tremendous blessing to receive Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, and I hope that the depths of this mystery continue to nourish you spiritually as you grow in the faith.

+        +        +

This thought occurred to me at Mass on Sunday: Is it just me, or did the new translation of the Mass just go off without a hitch, without any disruption, without confusing anyone or alienating the average layman? Did we have riots or huge protests? Did people walk away in disgust or beg for a return to the simpler, dumbed-down version that we had before? Did any of the dooms-day secnarios occur? You know what I mean...the stuff that all the liberal/progressive Catholics warmed us about. Did any of that happen?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

+        +        +

Well, today is Monday...and indeed it felt like a Monday. So I don't have much else to say. I'm just ready to call it a day and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment