Thursday, October 14, 2010

Downloadable MP3s of Latin Prayers

As previously mentioned (here and here), I have been memorizing basic Catholic prayers in Latin for use in my own private devotion. My two oldest children (ages 4 and 6) have taken an interest in learning the Latin too, and can now recite the Our Father, Hail Mary, and the Meal Prayer fairly well (they are also working on the Glory Be).

As we learned each of these prayers a particularly useful tool were the audio recordings I downloaded from various websites, which provided the correct pronunciation of the Latin. In a previous post I listed a couple of sites where I found good quality mp3 downloads. I would like to mention another great source of traditional prayers that can be found at this link. The website is Sonitus Sanctus. It is a wonderful source for free Catholic audio - music, prayers, lectures, sermons, debates, and much more - all free for downloading (and all orthodox in content). I've gotten a lot of chant and choral music from Sonitus Sanctus as well as lectures from big-name apologists. I recommend visiting the site frequently as something new is always being posted. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this! Ive been looking for Latin audio and chant and choral music for a while now and this is just a blessing! Thank you and many many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete