Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week... 

I read recently an interesting thought concerning the perceived tension between religion and science. Among other things the author pointed out that religion and science are both seeking Truth, and so there can be no real conflict between authentic religion and authentic science. One cannot pass judgement on the other, for truth cannot contradict truth, faith and science must always be in harmony. To paraphrase the author's words: We cannot judge Truth; Truth judges us.

+        +        +

Just under 7 weeks until the introduction of the new Mass translation! My only question is, when will missals be available in stores?
 
+        +        +

I have continued to make frequent use of Latin in my private devotions, and I strongly encourage others to take up the practice. Praying in this ancient language of the Church has many spiritual benefits, of which I have written here before. With that in mind, I am considering creating a permanent page on this blog with some of the basic Catholic prayers in English and Latin as a quick reference for those interesting in praying in the language of the Church. I will experiment with the layout for this page and post more here if anything comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment