Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week...

My son made his first Confession this weekend. He said, "It felt good. It makes you feel clean inside, and like a weight is off of you." He said he actually enjoyed it. Good for him. I was still nervous though. I hope he keeps his enthusiasm.

+        +        +

My five-year-old daughter thought confession was OK (of course, she didn't have to go - she just sat in the pew and looked at books). But what she really liked was Mass earlier in the day. She loved the "pink" vestments that father wore. I told her they are actually "rose" colored. It didn't really matter what I had to say: "No Dad... THAT is pink!"

(By the way, the books that my kids look at and read during Mass are by a priest named Fr. Lawrence Lovasik. I highly recommend them. They can be ordered online from many Catholic sites or at a local Catholic bookstore.)

+        +        +

In honor of Gaudete Sunday:

Gaudete in Domino semper: iterum dico, gaudete.
Modestia vestra nota sit omnibus hominibus:
Dominus enim prope est.
Nihil solliciti sitis:
sed in omni oratione petitiones
vestræ innotescant apud Deum.
Benedixisti Domine terram tuam:
avertisti captivitatem Jacob

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice.
Let your forbearance be known to all,
for the Lord is near at hand;
have no anxiety about anything,
but in all things, by prayer and supplication, 
with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. 
Lord, you have blessed your land;
you have turned away the captivity of Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment