Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week...

This is Holy Week.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting on the blog this week. So, today I thought I would just post a little link to Pope Benedict's homily that he delivered on Palm Sunday as a kind of opener to this final period approaching Easter. Here are the first few lines of that homily...

"Palm Sunday is the great doorway leading into Holy Week, the week when the Lord Jesus makes his way towards the culmination of his earthly existence. He goes up to Jerusalem in order to fulfill the Scriptures and to be nailed to the wood of the Cross, the throne from which he will reign for ever, drawing to himself humanity of every age and offering to all the gift of redemption. We know from the Gospels that Jesus had set out towards Jerusalem in company with the Twelve, and that little by little a growing crowd of pilgrims had joined them. Saint Mark tells us that as they were leaving Jericho, there was a "great multitude" following Jesus (cf. 10:46).

The whole homily can be found here.

I think it is fitting that we set aside this whole week (not only the Triduum which is certainly important, but also the days leading up to the Triduum) as a time when we journey along with Jesus to the cross and the tomb). So I think I'll blog a little differently this week. I may still post a Friday round-up of links...but I'll do that on Thursday early in the day, rather than Friday, and leave the Triduum for proper spiritual reflection.

Have a blessed Holy Week.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment