Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Musings

A few randoms thoughts and ponderings to start the week...


I am slowing getting back into blogging…very slowly…after a long Christmas break. Hopefully by next week I’ll post the final installment of the male-only priesthood series I started months ago. This week I’ll do a brief re-cap of the series, if for no other reason than to jump-start my own brain.

I think I have a few other ideas percolating in the back of my brain, but I won’t make any solid promises just yet…

+        +        +

So, the new translation of the Roman Missal has been in use for over a year now, and although there are a few mistakes uttered here and there during Mass(like the occasional “And ALSO…with your Spirit?” and the total hatchet job on “Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof…”), the one that bothers me most is when people leave out the word “holy” when they say: “…for our good and the good of all His holy Church.”

I guess it bothers me so much because, post-Vatican II, there were so many “liturgists” and “theologians” within the Church who robbed us of a sense of holiness, sacredness, and solemnity. Our worship was dumbed down, and the uniqueness of our Catholic heritage was played down, so that we were seen more as “one denomination among many” rather than the One True Church of God. The Church’s HOLINESS was not spoken of, and this word "holy" was removed from the liturgy when describing the Church.

The new English translation goes a long way to rectify much that was robbed from us in the solemnity and holiness of the liturgy. We should say “HOLY CHURCH” as loud as we can so that those around us at Mass (our fellow Catholics) hear it and believe it again.

+        +        +
Just wanted to mention that a friend of mine has a new blog. You should check it out here: The Greatest of These - Faith and Modern Life

No comments:

Post a Comment