Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Monday Musings



 A few random thoughts and pondering to start the week...

I know, it's a day late...Not much to say. Weather is improving, time to start putting out a garden and enjoy the longer days. Also time to mow the grass and do some chores that were put off all winter. That doesn't leave much time to sit at a computer and write.

+        +        +

I still have not received my Sunday Missal. I ordered it at the end of October last year. For now I'll wait patiently for it, but if I see one for sale at a retail store I may buy it and cancel my online order. In the meantime, I continue to use the Android iMissal app, but I sure do miss the feel of an actual book. And I still can't get over the awkwardness of using an electronic device at church. I just feel like everyone else is looking at me. Maybe that feeling will pass with time...

+        +        +

I'm continuing with a Bible study that I posted about last week. I'll post some thoughts on that again this week. Maybe that will make up for nothing to say on Monday...err, I mean, Tuesday Musings.

+        +       +

One more quick thought: Today is May 1, which is the Feast of St. Joseph the worker. Also May is a month traditionally devoted to Mary. On this day, when the celebration of these two important Saints neatly coincide, this presents a wonderful opportunity to commemorate both of Jesus' earthly parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment