Friday, August 10, 2012

Thie Week's Headlines

As another week comes to an end, this is your chance to top off your glass with a final helping of news, current events, and just plain interesting stuff that may not have made into the mainstream media. A chance to linger for a few more moments before we close the door on the week. Below are some links to articles, blogs, and miscellaneous happenings that caught my eye over the past few days. Sample what you like - I'll serve up more next Friday...

Still very busy at work... I tried to round up enough posts to fill out this list, but it's a little shorter than I expected. Feel free to add in the comments:

Declaring War on the Church - [After watching this video about Obama "declaring war on the Church," I find even more reason to support Mitt Romney.]

Contraception Increases Abortions - "Artificial contraception claims to make sex available without consequences of children. When it fails, people feel that they need abortion as a continuation of the contraceptive attitude  – the attitude that the child is unwanted."

Wait, Do You Only Have Two Kids? - "When I got married right out of college, just shy of 22, I was fairly certain that I would be having 10 kids over the next 20 years."

Why I Threw Away My Bucket List - "Fulfillment can never be found in experiences; fulfillment only comes from unity with God."

What Guys Need to Know about Women - "When true femininity is allowed to flourish, women will regain their dignity. And from that, we’ll all benefit."

What is Cardinal Dolan Up To? - "Should the Archbishop associate a fundraiser for Catholic Charities with a leader whose administration remains defiantly opposed to Church moral teachings?"

Church-Speak: Strange things Church people say - "As a priest I have come to discover that I use terms, ordinary terms of traditional Catholicism, but given the poor catechesis (another Church word, meaning 'religious training,' by the way), the meaning of what I am saying is lost on many."

OK...here's a follow-up to the Chick-fil-A hubbub, then that's it. (Unless something new comes up.)

At the Precipice: “Gay Rights” & Religious Freedom - [Some thoughtful suggestions on what Christians should do to better engage in the gay rights debate.]

What Does the Swiss Guard Actually Do? - [...You mean besides look awesome in those cool outfits. But seriously, this piece does answer the question.]

Oh...and the picture of the week. Try to squeeze in a little more fun before the summer is over:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment