Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week...

I've been neglecting the blog again. Hopefully I'll get back to a regular posting schedule this week. Among other things I plan to begin a series of posts for the Year of Faith, which begins October 11. In keeping with the theme, learning more about our Catholic faith, I am going to post a quote from the Catechism each week. Simple...I know....almost too simple But if I keep it simple I'll be more likely to stick with it. And you can't beat the words of the Catechism for explaining Church teaching. To learn more about the Year of Faith here's the official website from the Vatican.

 +        +        + 

Our three-year-old is not the most attentive at Mass...as most three-year-olds are not. So it is not surprising to see her squirming in her seat or slipping down onto the floor to stare at rows of feet behind her or to speak in a LOUD whisper during the quietest times of reflection. If you are lucky she will simply sit still and look at a book. (I highly recommend a series of Catholic books by Fr. Lawrence G. Lovasik. you can search for them on Amazon, or better yet, check your local Catholic book store.) Anyway, her actual participation in Mass is rare.

However, this Sunday she sang the entire Gloria as well as the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei - loud and clear, and relatively in tune. When we got to the Communion hymn she said (in a higher volume than she needed to) "I don't know this one!" and went back to her books. We'll let that one slide. When she learns to read, we'll give her a hymnal. Until then, we'll take what we can get.


 +        +        +

The election is nearing. Don't forget to vote. Lives depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment