Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Musings

A few random thoughts and ponderings to start the week...

Yesterday was the Feast of Corpus Christi, during which we celebrated the tremendous gift we have of Christ's Body and Blood in the Eucharist. In light of that I am posting two of my favorite prayers which I always recite at Mass after receiving Communion:

Anima Christi (Soul of Christ)
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Separated from Thee let me never be
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That with thy Saints I may praise Thee
Forever and ever
Amen

O Jesus, living in Mary
O Jesus, living in Mary,
come and live in your servants,
in the spirit of holiness,
in the fullness of your power,
in the perfection of your ways,
in the truth of your virtues,
in the communion of your mysteries.
Rule over every adverse power,
in your Spirit, for the glory of the Father.
Amen.

+        +        +

My family and I are planning a vacation for next week, so blogging will be difficult. But I do plan to continue posting even while on the road (as time allows). This week involves a lot of preparation for that trip, so I'll cut this post short. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment